We finally made it through the winter! As spring rolls around and the temperature creeps up higher, we all want to take full advantage of the nice weather. In this spirit, GoBambino has compiled a mix of indoor and outdoor activities in the NYC area for children. You can book any of these fun, educational, and affordable activities for this weekend on our app.
Activities for children under 4 years
Saturday, May 5
1. Spring Music Garden Music & Movement Class with FunikiJam: Explore your funky side with this fun activity for the kiddos and their parents! Perfect for children ages 3 months – 3 years, FunikiJam is part class and part live show — with kids in the starring roles! Starting with a high-energy warmup and hello song, they play instruments, sing, dance, and laugh their way through seasonal celebrations from global destinations giving students the chance to solo on featured instruments, jam with the group, and sing into a microphone. Every week is a new globe-spanning adventure!
Saturday, May 5, 2018 9:30-10:15 am
235 W 56th St, New York, New York, 10019
2. STEAM Class – Preschool Prep with Standout Learning: Children ages 2-4 will explore centers that focus on science, technology, engineering, art, and math. Preschool Prep includes circle time, story time, a lesson with correlating art project and center time. This program will set children up for a successful first school experience, making it fun and familiar. STEAM Class will prepare children for preschool with a gentle separation program, fostering and encouraging independence while children explore and play.
Saturday, May 5, 2018 10:00-10:45 am
1737 York Avenue, Store 1, New York, New York, 10128
3. Tiger Cubs – Martial Arts with Tiger Strong NYC: Perfect for children ages 2-4 years, Tiger Strong NYC’s core philosophy is to teach children skills that they can use in their everyday lives. They help develop a child’s core athleticism and physical skills through basic gymnastics & martial art
techniques using music, skill-based activities and games in a fun, safe, and nurturing environment. Help your child build athleticism, confidence, discipline, respect, and safety skills. Book now for a discounted price!
Saturday, May 5, 2018 10:00-10:35 am
500 E 77th Ground Fl, New York, New York, 10075
Sunday, May 6
1.VAMOS TODOS! Fiesta de Mayo Show for Kids and Families with FunikiJam: Available at an exclusive GoBambino special rate of $21 (regular price $40)! Written by and starring several international artists, Fiesta de Mayo is a 3-week series of music and movement programs that culminates with a special performance of FunikiJam’s newest Off-Broadway family musical. A lot of fun for children ages 12 months-10 years as well as parents — one ticket admits 1 parent and 1 child!
Sunday, May 6, 2018 11:00 am-12:00 pm
Off Broadway at the Actor’s Temple Theatre 339 W 47th St., New York, New York, 10036
2. Little Dunkers Drop-in Class with Hands On Hoops: Kids ages 18 months-6 years who attend Hands On Hoops classes develop their athletic and basketball skills faster and always have the edge. They practice with small basketballs and adjustable baskets. Hands On Hoops basketball coaches understand that kids, after learning something new,
need to be free to make mistakes so they can learn through trial and error in a safe, empowering, and supportive environment. The process continues as kids apply the skill in drills and games until they acquire success.
Sunday, May 6, 2018 — Slot 1: 9:00-9:45 am Slot 2: 9:45-10:30 am
1245 1st Ave. (St. Catherine’s Park), New York, New York, 10065
3. Story Time Yoga with Jem Yoga NYC: We know that everyone could benefit from a little relaxation — parents and children! This class is designed for the whole family — particularly those with children ages 6 months-3 years. Explore the mind and body practice of yoga in this fun caregiver/child class. Each week, Story Time reads two stories, one active and one calming, to enhance the yoga experience of breathing exercises, yoga poses, and creative ways to find calm. Expect music, props, and fun!
Sunday, May 6, 2018, 4:00-4:45 pm
240 W 73rd St., New York, New York, 10023 (Located in Gymboree, in the back right corner of the lobby)
Activities for children 4 years and older
Saturday, May 5
1. Private Chess Lesson with National Master Evan Rabin or Top-Level Instructor: Give your brain a workout with 1 hour private chess lessons! Premier Chess lessons are fully customized to students’ needs and interests, and include opening principles, middle game themes, endgames, and tournament preparation.
Lessons to be arranged in your home in New York City, at a time of your convenience!
2. Saber Beginner Fencing Class with Manhattan Fencing: Learn one of the most elegant, exhilarating, and safest sports which teaches discipline, coordination, and sportsmanship in NYC’s Olympic fencing facility. Your child will be taught by our elite coaching staff consisting of National, International, and Olympic coaches.
Saturday, May 5, 2018 11:00 am-12:00 pm
15 W 37th St., 2nd Floor, New York, New York, 10018
3. Virtual Reality Gaming – 2 Hour Unlimited Pass (Adult and Child) with VR World: Never tried VR or know exactly what you want? Experience the best of virtual reality from gaming to art and film. When you arrive, a guide will greet you and lead you through each experience and ensure a full understanding of the equipment. Don’t pass up on this unique opportunity! Booking through GoBambino provides 2 passes for the date and time reserved; includes 2 hour for 1 Adult + 1 Child of age 7+.
Saturday, May 5, 2018, 12:00-2:00 pm
4 E 34th St., New York, New York, 10016
Sunday, May 6
1. Tennis Lesson with Hell’s Kitchen Tennis Academy: Perfect for children ages 4-9, Hell’s Kitchen Tennis Academy lessons offer an unrivaled commitment to structuring lessons for each child’s individual needs. Each child will leave feeling a sense of accomplishment and excitement for the next lesson. Picture your child standing on Arthur Ashe Stadium putting on the performance of a lifetime for the world to see and making history!
Lessons are offered every Saturday and Sunday from 8:00-8:50 am, and a second session from 8:50-9:40 am.
440 West 53rd, New York, New York, 10019
2. Parkour Fundamentals with The Movement Creative: Who ever said you couldn’t be strong like Superman? In this class, children work hard together to build strength, balance, and agility while mastering parkour and urban movement.
Sunday, May 6, 2018 10:00-11:00 am
Umpire Rock, Central Park, New York, New York, 10023
3. Arcade at Museum of Modern Pinball – 2 Hour Pass + Free Play with Modern Pinball NYC: Featured on NBC, CNN, and FOX, Modern Pinball NYC lets you experience the fun of pinball in a family-friendly location. Rain or shine, enjoy over two-dozen classic and modern pinball machines, multi-arcade game system with 250+ all-time favorites, and Slugfest multiplayer baseball game. Wristband passes provide unlimited plays on all the games without the added expense of quarters, tokens, or recharge cards!
Sunday, May 6, 2018, 1:00-3:00 pm
362 3rd Ave., New York, New York, 20016
These are only a handful of the fun activities you can book through GoBambino. Be sure to check out our app for even more fun!