Want to get an early start planning your Father’s Day weekend festivities? GoBambino’s got you covered! Here’s a list of our favorite activities that the whole family will love — especially dad!
1. Mozart for Munchkins presents a Day for Dads: Brass, Babies, & Books!: Mozart for Munchkins creates a relaxed, fun atmosphere in which families can experience and enjoy music! Children of all ages are welcome to roll, crawl, squeal, and dance to their hearts’ content, while parents, grandparents, and caregivers can sit back and unwind. An unforgettable experience for the whole family! This special event will include our family-friendly concert experience with the incredible atmosphere of Book Culture’s Long Island City location, Calliope Brass, bites by talented chef Sarah Lawson, and a beer for dad from a local brewery. 1 booking admits 1 adult and as many kids as you wish, ages 0-12 years.
Saturday, June 16, 2018 4:00-6:00 pm
26-09 Jackson Ave (Bookculture, LIC), New York, NY 11101
2. Storytime at Books are Magic provided by Free and Fun NYC: In this free activity, authors read children ages 6 month-10 years their humorous, heart-warming, and educational picture books in Books are Magic, a charming independent children’s bookstore. Fun for the whole family!
Saturday, June 16, 2018 10:30-11:30 am
Books Are Magic, 225 Smith St., New York, NY 11231
3. Games – ALL Ages provided by The Movement Creative: This movement games class is all about developng movement and community through a variety of games that challenge different movement capacities. Expect to learn, play, and learn more about games than you knew there was to learn. Each class is spent on 4 or 5 different games. This class is great for parents and kids to take together and for anybody looking to have fun while moving!
Saturday, June 16, 2018 11:00 am-12:00 pm
Umpire Rock, Central Park, New York, NY 10023
4. Foraging Tour of Inwood Park provided by Foraging with the Wildman: Unique, amazing activity for the whole family! Learn about local vegetation and enjoy your time outdoors. Lead by expert guide, Steve Brill. Inwood Hill Park is one of the best places for foragers to search for wild foods in late spring. The city’s hilliest park, with a large, mature forest, meadows, thickets, and cultivated areas, it’s loaded with wild plants. Red, white, and pink mulberries will be at their peak now. Too perishable for commercial use, we’ll get a spectacular harvest simply by shaking the branches over a drop cloth. These berries are especially tasty and nutritious! This activity is perfect for kids ages 6-17 years.
Saturday, June 16, 2018 11:45 am-3:45 pm. Foraging tour of Prospect Park offered Sunday, June 17, 11:45 am-2:45 pm.
4747 Broadway, corner Dykeman St., New York, NY 10040
5. Virtual Reality Gaming – 2 Hour Unlimited Pass (Adult + Child) provided by VR World: Never tried Virtual Reality or know exactly what you want? Experience the best of virtual reality from gaming to art and film. When you arrive a guide will greet you and lead user through each experience and ensure a full understanding of the equipment. This booking provides 2 passes and includes 2 hours for 1 adult + 1 child age 7-17.
Available in 2-hour time slots throughout June 16 & 17, 2018
4 East 34th St., New York, NY 10016
6.. FunikiJam World Music & Movement provided by FunikiJam: Perfect for the little ones, ages 3 month-3 years! FunikiJam is part class and part live show – with kids in the starring roles! Starting with a high-energy warmup and hello song, they play instruments, sing, dance, and laugh their way through seasonal celebrations from global destinations giving students the chance to solo on featured instruments, jam with the group, and sing into a microphone. Every week is a new globe-spanning adventure.
Sunday, June 17, 2018 9:30-10:15 am
401 E 80th St. (Gracie Mews Playroom), New York, NY 10075
7. Family Sundays: Fire Bird Masks and Lanterns provided by Free and Fun NYC: This free, family-friendly activity allows children and families to explore their creativity! They can even take home their work after creating their masterpiece.
Sunday, June 17, 2018 1:00-4:00 pm
Rubin Museum of Art Birthday Parties, Chelsea 150 W 17th St., New York, NY 10011
8. Father’s Day Storytime Featuring “With My Daddy: A Book of Love and Family” provided by Free and Fun NYC: Special Father’s Day Storytime featuring “With My Daddy: A Book of Love and Family”. A FREE event celebrating all that is great about dads! Activities to follow.
Saturday, June 16, 2018 11:00 am-12:00 pm
Barnes & Noble, 555 Fifth Ave, New York, NY 10017
As always, each one of these activities is available for booking on the GoBambino app. We hope you enjoy these activities, and we wish you a very happy Father’s Day from GoBambino!