Happy May! New month, new workshops — GoBambino has added an assortment of workshops so your child can learn a new skill, practice his or her favorite activities, and develop new hobbies and interests.
Workshops for May 2018
For children under 4 years
1. Music Class with Musibambino: Kids under 4 years old become more engaged in sing-along songs
and musical games that focus on building their aural development. Teachers motivate children in activities that encourage meaningful movement and response to music. Children observe, listen, and are given the opportunity to hold and experiment with their on miniature version of classical instruments of the orchestra as well as folk instruments like guitar, accordion, and harmonica.
48 W 68th St., New York, New York, 10023
2. iHOLA! A Playgroup in Spanish: Hola Playgroup provides an immersive setting which allows for children to feel safe and confident, and follows a natural approach to teaching. The class is structured and follows certain routines, with the purpose of being fun and educational. Repetition of basic words of the day throughout the theme-centered class brings out the ability to recognize Spanish in the child’s daily life, and the desire to learn it because it’s fun!
Ages 18 months-3 years. Thursdays from 10:45-11:30 am, concluding on August 2nd.
10 W. 25th St., New York, New York, 10010
3. Developmental Movement with Blooming Bebe: Come move with your child! Movement is the key to stimulating brain development in young children. Infants & Toddlers not only benefit from Blooming Bebe developmental movement classes — caregivers also get the opportunity to bond with their child as well as our community. During classes, children move through natural movement patterns via exercises & dance encouraging language, cognitive, social, and emotional development.
Ages 12 months-3 years. Fridays from 9:30-10:15 am, concluding on June 22nd.
Studio Maestro — 48 W 68th St. between Columbus and CPW, New York, New York, 10023
For children ages 5+
1. Comics and Cartooning with The Art Studio NY LLC: Be nurtured and inspired with expert one-on-one joyful art instruction! Your child will develop his or her own unique personal style in comic book & cartoon drawing. Learn to draw with inks, pencil, pen, and a wide variety of art materials. This is a great opportunity for children to explore their imagination to create unique works of art that truly express themselves, all while gaining confidence in their work and themselves as artists!
Ages 9-13 years. Thursdays from 5:15-6:15 pm, concluding on June 14th.
145 W 96th St. Suite #1B, New York, New York 10025
2. Jump Starters Chess Class with Chess Max Academy: This is a semester-based group class where future chess champions will be discovered! Kids get to learn the basics of chess through special games and stories that will help them make learning fun. After graduating, the students will know all the rules and basic chess strategies and tactics. Students will explore basic
matches, tactical tools, pawn endings, board vision, and many more topics!
Ages 6-12. Mondays from 3:30-4:30 pm, concluding on June 11th. Also offered Saturdays, concluding on June 9th, 2018.
423 E 81st St. Unit B, New York, New York, 10028
3. Drawing, Painting, and Self-Expression Class with The Art Studio NY LLC: Explore artistic subject matter, such as realism, abstraction, color fields, portraiture, wildlife, landscape; and artistic techniques such as composition, 3-dimensionality, shading, painting with color and texture, abstraction, realism, and more! Learn about art history’s influences on today’s modern artists; receive one-to-one, encouraging, and inspiring expert art instruction. Students will be guided based on their personal artistic level, interests, and needs.
145 W 96th St. Suite #1B, New York, New York, 10025
*Also provided by The Art Studio NY LLC: Drawing and Painting from the Heart Workshop, Wednesdays 4:00-5:00 pm.
Don’t forget to check out the GoBambino app for a complete list of workshops for your children to enjoy this May!