Happy Monday, everybody! Here’s a list of the best activities for your children this week in NYC, handpicked by the GoBambino team! You can book any of these drop-in activities easily using the GoBambino app.
Academic & Educational
1. Russian Immersion Preschool provided by ZPlaySchool: In this program children ages 3-4 will enjoy days filled with free play, socialization, stories, art & crafts, cooking, science, music, and movement. Their curriculum is based upon the four seasons and the changes that they experience in the natural world around them. While making friends, singing songs, reading stories, planting seeds, growing butterflies, and much more, children are instilled with a love of learning and a deep respect for the world around them.
150 W 72nd St. #2A, New York, NY 10023
2. Little Chefs provided by FRESHMADE NYC: Cooking with your toddler has never been more fun! Little chefs (ages 2-4) will get to chop, taste, an explore the tools of the kitchen in this culinary adventure. This class will focus on cooperation and sharing. A story time is included at the end of each class.
636 Broadway between Bleecker and Houston, 5th Floor, Suite 516, New York, NY 10012
3. Language Development Support provided by EDUCADEMY: Infants start without knowing a language, yet by 10 months, babies can distinguish speech sounds and engage in babbling. EDUCADEMY will provide parent with guidance in how to best address their child’s language development. Class for ages 0-18 month, accompanied by parents/caregivers.
19 W. 34th St. Suite 1200, New York, NY 10001
Creative & Artistic
1. Musi Bambino Music Program provided by MusiBambino: Kids ages 1-2 engage in sing-along songs and musical games that focus on building their aural development. Teachers motivate children in activities that encourage meaningful movement and response to music. Children observe, listen, and are given the opportunity to hold and experiment with their own miniature version of classical instruments of the orchestra as well as folk instruments like guitar, accordian, and harmonica.
68 W 68th St., New York, NY 10023
2. Private Lesson with National Master Evan Rabin or Top-Level Instructor provided by Premier Chess: A 1 hour lesson for your child age 4-17 to be arranged in your home in New York City. We will go over opening principles, middle game themes, endgames and tournament preparation. Premier Chess has a sample curriculum, but all lessons will be fully customized to a student’s needs and interests.
140 West End Ave, Apt 9H, New York, NY 10023
3. 30 min Private Piano Class provided by Anahid Syourapian Piano Studio: Offering 30 min one-on-one piano lesson for children of all ages and levels. Lessons will take place in our beautiful piano studio offering baby grand pianos and soundproof environment. Our piano lessons have a focus on classical music, ear training & theory. Our teachers love to share their experience, knowledge, and are very patient with our students. They take their time to get to know each student, their strengths and weaknesses, their goals, and then plan lessons according to their needs.
244 W. 54th St., 10th Floor, New York, NY 10019
1. Children’s Yoga provided by Tiger Strong NYC: Book now on GoBambino for a special rate! Children ages 4-7 will learn the fundamentals of yoga in a fun, pressure-free environment. They will experience the benefits of yoga through games, songs and poses. Emphasis placed on poses, stretching, mindfulness, and teamwork. All while having fun!
500 E. 77th Ground Fl, New York, NY 10075
2. Little Dunkers provided by Hands On Hoops: Kids under the age of 7 who attend Hands On Hoops classes develop their athletic and basketball skills faster and always have the edge. They practice with small basketballs and adjustable baskets. Hands On Hoops coaches understand that kids need to be free to make mistakes so they can learn through trial and error in a safe, empowering, and supportive environment. The process continues as kids apply the skill in drills and games until they acquire success!
Riverside Dr & W 88th St., New York, NY 10024
3. Foil Beginner Fencing Class provided by Manhattan Fencing: Learn one of the most elegant, exhilarating, and safest sports which teaches discipline, coordination, and sportsmanship in NYC’s Olympic fencing facility. Your child age 7-13 will be taught by our elite coaching staff consisting of National, International, and Olympic coaches.
15 W. 37th St., 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10018
1. FunikiJam World Music & Movement provided by FunikiJam: Perfect for the little ones, age 3 month to 3 years! FunikiJam is part class and part live show — with kids in the starring roles! Starting with a high-energy warm up and a hello song, they play instruments, sing, dance, and laugh their way through seasonal celebrations from global destinations giving students the chance to solo on featured instruments, jam with the group, and sing into a microphone. Every week is a new globe-spanning adventure.
401 E. 80th St. (Gracie Mews Playroom), New York, NY 10075
2. Arcade at Museum of Modern Pinball: 3 Hour Pass + Free Play provided by Modern Pinball NYC: As seen on NBC, CNN, and FOX, Modern Pinball NYC lets kids ages 3-17 experience the fun of pinball in a family-friendly location. Rain or shine, enjoy over two dozen classic and modern pinball machines, multi-arcade game system with 250+ all-time favorites, and Slugfest multiplayer baseball game. Wristband passes provide unlimited plays on all the game without the added expense of quarters, tokens, or recharge cards!
362 3rd Ave., New York, NY 10016
3. Virtual Reality Gaming – 2 Hour Unlimited Pass (Adult + Child) provided by VR World: Never tried VR or know exactly what you want? Experience the best of virtual reality from gaming to art and film. When you arrive, a guide will greet you and lead user through each experience and ensure a full understanding of the equipment.
4 E. 34th St., New York, NY 10016
Many of these activities are offered during several time slots on many days of the week, so be sure to check the GoBambino app for the most updated and complete list of activities. We hope you & your child enjoy these activities and have some fun this week!
The GoBambino team