Physical activity is key to healthy growth and development. Stay active and energized this May with a wide variety of engaging physical activities for children of all ages!
- Little Dunkers Drop-in provided by Hands On Hoops: Children ages 18 month-6 years who attend Hands On Hoops classes develop their athletic and basketball skills faster and always have the edge. They practice with small basketballs and adjustable hoops. Hands On Hoops coaches understand that kids, after learning something new, need to be free to make mistakes so they can learn through trial and error in a safe, empowering, and supportive environment.
Riverside Dr. & W 88th St., New York, NY 10024
- Children’s Yoga provided by Tiger Strong NYC: Special GoBambino rate available! Children ages 4-7 years will learn the fundamentals of yoga in a fun, pressure-free environment. They will experience the benefits of yoga through games, songs, and poses. Emphasis placed on poses, stretching, mindfulness, and teamwork — all while having fun!
500 E. 77th Ground Fl., New York, NY 10075
- Foil Beginner Fencing Class provided by Manhattan Fencing: Perfect for children ages 7-13 years! Learn one of the most elegant, exhilarating, and safest sports which teaches discipline, coordination, and sportsmanship in NYC’s Olympic fencing facility. Your child will be taught by our elite coaching staff consisting of National, International, and Olympic coaches.
15 W 37th St., 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10018
- Parkour Fundamentals provided by The Movement Creative: Who ever said you couldn’t be strong like Superman? In this class we will work hard together to build strength, balance, and agility while mastering parkour and urban movement. Perfect for kids ages 7-12 years.
Umpire Rock, Central Park, New York, NY 10023
- Hip Hop Class for Teens provided by Dance in Tribeca: Dance in Tribeca is one of New York’s exceptional dance studios known for its love of dance, diversity inclusion, and passion. Focusing on a collaborative approach to dance and expression, we help every dancer reach their individual goals while eliminating performance fears and anxiety. This is by offering open level dance classes that encourages students to feel good about themselves while trying something new. Give your teen the gift of dance!
100 Reade St., New York, NY 10013
- Tennis Lesson provided by Hell’s Kitchen Tennis Academy: Offering lessons for children ages 4-9 years, Hell’s Kitchen Tennis Academy boasts and unrivaled commitment towards structuring lessons for each child’s individual needs. Each child will leave feeling a sense of accomplishment and be excited for the next lesson. Picture your child standing on Arthur Ashe Stadium putting on the performance of a lifetime for the world to see and making history!
440 W. 53rd St., New York, NY 10019
- Dance Move provided by Dance in Tribeca: Saturdays are kids’ days at Dance in Tribeca! This class is for the very little ones, ages 3-5 years. Lots of fun for the kiddos as well as for the parents!
100 Reade St., New York, NY 10013
- Blooming Bebe Developmental Movement – Infants & Toddlers provided by Blooming Bebe: Come move with your child! Movement is the key to stimulating brain development in young children. Infants & Toddlers ages 12 months-3 years not only benefit from Blooming Bebe developmental movement classes, caregivers also get the opportunity to bond with their child as well as our community. During classes, children move through natural movement patterns via exercises and dance encouraging language, cognitive, social, & emotional development.
Wednesdays 11:30 AM – 12:15 PM beginning May 23rd and ending June 20th.
Studio Maestro – 48th W. 68th St. between Columbus and CPW, New York, NY 10023
- Tiger Tennis Academy: The Tiger Tennis Academy offers educational kids tennis programs for children 3-6 years old. Our passion is to teach our students the fundamentals of tennis with an emphasis on having FUN while learning. We use kid-sized rackets, nets, and super safe foam balls, and best of all… no court required.
Wednesdays 4:30-5:30 PM beginning June 13th and ending September 5th.
Squash RX, 70 W. 36th St., New York, NY 10018
- KidBox provided by Church Street Boxing Gym: Kids ages 7-12 years learn the value of discipline while staying active and focused throughout the 12-week program. Rewards for the kids: On the last week of each term, all the kids will be tested and rewarded with wristbands to represent their status in the program (color-coded based on number of terms completed). Kids have access to boxing classes 4 days per week and can come for as many as all 4 or less.
Variety of dates offered — check the GoBambino app for complete up-to-date listings!
52 Walker St., New York, NY 10013
- Parkour & Improv Camp provided by The Movement Creative: Let’s get comfortable! Improv camp is all about being silly and spontaneous. Let’s overcome stage fright and learn to move and express ourselves as a team, while learning parkour! We will use performance, dance, narrative through movement, and non-verbal communication games to get kids thinking on their feet, and building confidence and comfort as a group. Designed in collaboration with local public speaking and improvisational theater educators, this camp is perfect for kids ages 7-13 years.
Monday, June 18 2018 through Friday, June 22 2018 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Columbus Circle, Central Park, New York, NY 10019
- Parkour & StoryTelling provided by The Movement Creative: Let’s communicate! Ideal for ages 7-13 years, our Writer’s Workshop focuses on expanding our expressive toolkit. How do we write about movement? And how do we use movement to tell a story? We’ll play physical games to build a dynamic vocabulary and explore new ways of storytelling. We use free-writing, mind maps, poetry, and stream of consciousness ideas to get kids exploring their imagination, while connecting their mind and body. Designed in collaboration with local writers and storytellers.
Monday, June 25 2018 through Friday, June 29 2018 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Rockefeller Park, Battery Park City, New York, NY 10280
Many drop-in classes and workshops offer several sessions, so be sure to check the app for the most up-to-date and comprehensive list of activities offered. With all of these activities to choose from, your child has a fun summer ahead of them!
The GoBambino Team